1. Music education (classroom, private, self-taught)
2. Whom do you listen to? What inspires you?
Do you listen to a variety of genres (classical, jazz, country, old school r&b, folk)?
3. nunnabove (who initiated the group, is there a leader, how does the group operate)
4. Influencers: Karl Demer (Atomic K), The Steeles, Sounds of Blackness, AGT (Simon Cowell)
5. What does nunnabove represent? Personal beliefs... music, beliefs, goals.
6. What does "fame is fleeting” mean to you? Importance of education?
7. Mom and Dad Nunn? Tell me a bit about how they inspire you.
8. Close with Thank-You's.
The multi-award-winning vocal quintet from South Korea performs jazz, K-pop, and a variety of other musical genres. Since 1999, the ensemble has included Jang Sang-in,
Kang Soo-kyung, Jeon Sung-hyun, Kim Won-jong, and Lim Soo-yeon.
Music Video: “So Alike”
The Orlando-based 7th Element performs gospel/jazz-oriented vocals, giving glory to God. First, to bring a message of truth to the world through music by creating a smooth inspirational sound with rich harmonies snd second, to inspire young musicians to continue the a capella musical tradition.
“What The World Needs Now Is Love”
Originally from Fargo, North Dakota, Tim Kasper, Ryan Lance, Darren Rust, & Allan Rust are The Blenders. Their style is based on vocal harmonies and the group has toured the U.S. with Jay Leno, Howie Mandel, Chicago, and The Righteous Brothers, and Lou Rawls.
Business Casual is a San Francisco vocal quintet whose members work for YouTube, Apple, MedTech, and a marketing firm. Leslie Baker, Roshun Alur, Casandra & Jacob Chamoun, and Michael Whang are extraordinarily talented and creative vocalists.
Music Video: “Feliz Navidad”
Howard University | Washington DC
Led by Howard University vocal director and arranger, Connaitre Miller, Afro Blue is part of the vocal music department curriculum. “An extraordinary ensemble.”